Temporarily out of stock!
Compact Adapt11-style module with a standard 9-pin serial connector, and socket for user-supplied MCU. On-board 5V regulator. It is commonly used to read and program one-time programmable (OTP) chips (ie. 68HC711E9 and 68HC711E20). A guide for doing this can be found here.
This board supports "burning" OTP 68HC711E9 and 68HC711E20 chips! You supply Vpp (regulated 12VDC). Production programmers for 68HC711 chips are well over $1,000 these days-- if you can find them-- so this product makes a very attractive low-cost solution (less than $100) for occasional use!
It can also be used with BUFFALO (i.e. 68HC11E9 chip) as a trainer, or embedded into your design with your own 68HC711 chip. All I/O lines are brought out to a standard 50-pin (2x25) connector footprint, on a 0.1" grid. Several connector styles are offered. Choose the "SB" connector option if you'd like to plug this module into your solderless breadboard vertically, with the footprint of a DIP chip. Or choose the "RA" connector option if you plan to use it with a ribbon cable. (If you're just going to use it as a chip programmer, you don't need a connector, so choose the NC connector option for H1.)
- Compact form factor (1.7" x 2.8")
- 8 MHz crystal (2 MHz bus speed)
- Selector switch for Single-chip/Expanded Mode operation
- Compatible with 12K or 20K OTP ROM HC11 versions (68HC711E9 and 68HC711E20)
- Works with any 68HC11 A or E series microcontroller supplied in a 52-pin PLCC package
- 26 general purpose I/O lines (including 3 input captures and 5 output compares)
- Pulse accumulator, hardware timer, real-time interrupt, watchdog, 2 hardware interrupts
- 8 channel 8-bit analog-to-digital converter
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) port offers virtually unlimited expansion
- Serial Communications Interface (SCI) port, with programmable baud rate (up to 9600 baud)
- RS-232 serial port, utilizing on-chip SCI
- SCI compatible with MIDI and RS485/RS422
- On-board reset circuit and button, 5V regulator, and RS232 interface (DE9 connector)
- Low power requirements (35 mA @ 5 Volts DC, regulated nominal); much less in STOP mode
- All port pins are brought out to standard 50-pin connector pattern
- Virtual plug-in interchangeability with all Adapt11 family boards
- 11 connector options for the ultimate in modular design capabilities
What you get:
- this product ships with a 2-wire red & black power cable assembly (#PCJ1-8) for you to connect to your own power supply
Note: the 68HC11 microcontroller chip is not included