DUE TO THE GLOBAL CHIP SHORTAGE, THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
Adapt9S12PRU is a compact low-cost microcontroller module in the same form-factor as our original Adapt-11, launched more than 20 years ago. The flexible design, wide range of connector options, and breadboard pluggability make this design suitable for use in training, evaluation, prototyping, and development. It provides easy access to the lastest microcontroller and communications interface technologies, offering an on-board choice of RS232 or USB, to suit your needs.
• highly integrated S12P128 microcontroller
• industry-standard on-board CAN transceiver
• RS232 and USB interface circuits on board, jumper-selectable assignment
• option to power module via host USB port
• jumper-selectable 3V/5V operation
• extended temperature 8 MHz crystal on-board
• standard 6-pin BDM connector for program/debug
• compatible with industry-standard BDM pods
• supported by CodeWarrior and Cosmic C compilers
• Adapt-11 PCB form-factor: 2.8" (71mm) x 1.7" (43mm)
• 50-pin (2x25) footprint for I/O connector H1
• choice of 12 connector styles
• functionally pin-compatible with other Adapt modules
• plug it into a solderless breadboard (choose "SB" connector option for this configuration)
• compatible with Adapt11 backplanes and prototyping cards
• an extra 17 I/O pins accessible via auxiliary 20-pin (2x10) header (H2)
• industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C)
Note: the module in the photo is shown with no connector on H1 (i.e. connector option code "NC"). Other popular connector options are RA , RA1, SB, and M. Be sure to make your connector option selection before adding to your cart.
Additional Hardware Details:
- up to 44 digital I/O lines on primary I/O connector
- eight can be used as 12-bit analog inputs (Port AD)
- auxiliary I/O connector brings out 17 more I/O pins, including 2 analog, 6 PWMs, 9 GPIOs
- up to eight Input Capture/Output Compare pins (Port T)
- serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- up to ten key wake-up interrupt pins
- internal programmable pullup and pulldown resistors on most pins
- user access to MCU reset signal
- serial communications interface (SCI) (jumper-selectable to USB or RS232 interface)
- supports programming in C and assembler
- compatible with virtually all 9S12 development tools on the market
- fast in-circuit programming
- shipped with a small footprint on-chip bootloader/monitor for use with our free uBug12JE multi-platform GUI for quick loading/debugging of user programs
- Run/Mon switch for selection of Standalone or Monitor operation
Flash-based code development using on-chip debug/monitor
With a 2K Flash-resident debug/monitor program, you'll be able to load your program into the remaining 126K Flash via the serial port using our free multi-platform uBug12 application. The entire 126K Flash can be programmed in about 12 seconds! To use the monitor for simple debugging or code-loading, just set the switch to MON. To run your standalone program thereafter, put the switch in the RUN position. Your code runs from Flash, and interrupts are supported (via Flash-based pseudo vectors, since the monitor resides in the vector space of the MCU). A program you load into Flash this way will run every time you apply power or reset the board in Run Mode (as long as you define the Reset Vector in your code).
Flash-based code development using a Background Debug Mode (BDM) pod
If you use a more advanced development tool (such as our USBDMLT pod), the entire 128K Flash can be used, because the Flash-resident bootloader is no longer needed. You'll also be able to do advanced debugging via CodeWarrior, using the BDM pod.
assembled module, with your choice of connector style for the 50-pin I/O connector (H1); H2 is M1 style, by default
- red and black pluggable power wire (#PCJ1-8)
schematic, data sheet, and device docs our available in our Support Library.
Be sure to make your connector option selection below before adding production to your cart.